My Natural Hair Nighttime Routine

Hey Naturalists! Many of you have asked me to do a post about my nighttime routine. Well here you go!

I have been doing this routine for years and it never disappoints me. This routine keeps my hair moisturized, my curls bouncy and the definition is still on point! 


These are the exact steps I use to get ready for bed.

Step 1:



Water is the #1 item to keep our naturally dry hair moisturized. I do a light spray all over my hair and let it sit on my hair for about 2 mins before proceeding on to the next step.

Step 2:

My hair LOVES oil. Lately I have been using the Sunflower Mega Care Argan oil. I take a quarter size amount rub it in my hands and rub it through out my hair, concentrating on the ends. 

Step 3:


I take a thin head band gather all my hair and place all of my curls on time of my head. This keeps my curls intact and left undisturbed while I sleep. Most call this the pineapple method.

Step 4:


Last step of the night I take my satin scarf. (Yes ladies you should be sleeping with a satin scarf on you head every night. Cotton pillow cases are our enemies! If you do not like scarfs get a satin pillow case instead.) I wrap the scarf around my head having my curls dangling out at the top. The scarf protects all of my hair around the perimeter of my head and the top part of my curls. 

Step 5:


In the morning I remove my scarf and headband and shake shake shake! Letting my curls free and place them exactly were I want them to be. My hair is nice and moisturized and my curls are elongated due the pineapple method. 

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have anymore questions about my night time routine or my natural hair leave a comment below. Until next time!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment