Winter Time and Natural Hair!

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope you had a safe and healthy new year!! I'm coming to you today with a new blog post about this weather and our hair! If you live in America and is on the east coast then you know it is FREEZING cold outside! It is about 6 degrees where I live and it is not getting any warmer. A lot of people on my social media networks have been asking me what do I do with my hair in the winter time. In the winter our hair is very dry. Now I know some of you are thinking, "wait Olivia didn't you write a post about our natural hair always being dry?" Yes, that is very true but in the winter months our hair is extra dry and coarse due to the cold and dry air. As naturals in these winter months we need to take extra care of our hair because it is more prone to break off. The way I prevent that from happening is doing protein treatments. My favorite and only protein treatment I use is the Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment. I only use this treatment every six to eight weeks, you never want to over do it with protein because to much protein can make your hair feel like grass. Ever heard of "too much of a good thing isn't always good?" that is the exact case when it comes down to protein treatments. Also I deep condition once a week instead of twice a month. When I say deep condition I really mean deep condition as in leave it in over night. I need my hair to retain as much moisture as possible because as soon as I step outside that cold air is going to attack it. Another way I retain moisture is putting my silk scarf on under my hat. That fabric in the hats draw moisture out of your hair so putting your scarf on under it helps protect your hair. I have been doing this system for years and it continues to work for me! What do you do to your hair in these winter months?? Please leave a comment below and if you aren't already join this site on Google+ and subscribe via Bloglovin!


XOXO LIVA<3

No comments:

Post a Comment